The Bleasdale Fell Race

27th February
5 miles and 1250 feet

Ian and I had a good run out at the Bleasdale circle fell race. It was cold and clear with not much wind. The route is a nice simple horseshoe starting and finishing at Bleasdale, it visits Fair Snape then Parlick and back to the finish through the farm land. The snow on the ground that started at the level of the farm buildings made the run, probably, a couple of minutes slower. As I came to the flatter part off Parlick I was in 13th place (researched after the race) but I suffered a bit near the end and 3 guys overtook me. I thought the finish was further away than it actually was. So I saved something to try and recover the places but it was too late to use it. Never mind 16th was a good result, my time was 47.09 a bonus was that I was 3rd counter for Bowland for the team prize. It was my 2nd team prize, 4 bottles of Fosters is not to be sniffed at. Ian finished 30th out of 71 starters on 52.28. The winning time was 41.34 Chris Smale.


No comments: