The Clougha Pike Fell race

16th June 2007
5 miles 1,750 ft

This is my local race, and as it is only a short drive, it was on I was keen on doing. Even my impending Bob Graham Round next weekend couldn’t deter me away. I had missed this race too many times not to give it a go.

I’m glad I did, it turned out to be my best performance in a race to date. I ran a good well timed effort and managed to overtake some on the final small decent and re-ascent near the end. Despite looking over my shoulder for the last mile I managed to hold on and finish 11th. Although this is only a local fell race, and for this reason, does not attract a stellar field like some of the classics and Lakes races, it was a good performance. It also gave my confidence a boost for the following weekends slightly longer run.

No comments: