The Hodder Valley Show Fell Race

12th Sept 2009
7.5 miles 1,000 feet
This was a good day out, as it was part of the Hodder Valley show. It had a good fun mix of activities and competitions including an entertaining tug o war.
I had a good run pushing hard on a course that was ideally suited to me – a nice undulating out and back course with a loop on some steeper ground. I managed to gain places on the return down the more technical descent and maintain my position on the rest of the undulating road and fields to finish strongly in 13th place out of 66 runners in 56:03. This was my best ever finish in a Fell race. Will also had a good run, he finished in 30th in 60:39 and Ian finished strong in 62:29.
It made me start thinking of trying to get a top 10 finish next year. Picking a small race and a bit more speed training, I may just be capable. It will be fun trying anyway.

No comments: