23rd May Run in the sun down Mataro beach front

Mataro is not a fantastic place for a holiday. (and as I keep telling myself I am not strictly speaking on a holiday) The free bus from this campsite into Barcelona make this a good budget base for the city though. The only life that I have found in Mataro has been some sort of drum banging student protest at the town hall. Apart from that it is the least lively big city I have been to (population 150,000). I hold much higher hopes for my birthday treat to Barcelona tomorrow.

Mataro has a reasonably pleasant beach. I explored it today by having a run down the beach front in the midday heat. What is it they say about mad dogs and English men? It was a fairly pleasant start until I was reminded that I was running on a trail between the beach and a railway line. I was startled by a train that was speeding towards me about 4 feet to my right. Apart from that it was a nice run down the beach next to the water (like hill work) and a long a long harbour wall.

I booked my next stop point today. On Friday I will be going to Andora La Vella and staying in a Hotel for 4 nights, with breakfast laid on, oh the luxury. Another birthday treat to myself, aren’t I generous? But it is a budget hotel.

A video from the F1 of Hamilton closing in on Vettel near the end.




A video of the first lap alonso in the lead but only until the first pit stops.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andorra sounds good. Don't become too accustomed to the qualities of the luxury hotel with breakfast! Enjoying the updates, hope your having a great time and Happy Birthday!

James

Emma said...

Happy Birthday.
Barcelona?? Bit like marmite!!!

ALAN LUCKER said...

Cheers James yes it is just a temoporay break from the tent. #
R.e. most 24th may post. i remember your story from that area. maybe he was pick pocketed after all!

ALAN LUCKER said...

Thanks Emma. I totaly agree. i kind of hate it now. I Still like mamrmite though.