Lancaster Half Marathon
9th November 2008




A cold windier than Ideal day was the setting for 1 of my local half marathons. It had been 4 years since I had done a half marathon and decided it was time to lower my PB from 1 hr 32, set in May 2004 at the Chester half. So I lined up determined to break 1 ½ hours. I pushed hard at the start into the head wind on the mainly out and back course. On reaching the edge of Glasson the course joins the road before looping back onto the cycle track and back the way we had come. After setting off too quickly I struggled at the end even though I had the wind at my back, and my lack of fitness started to tell. I hung on to the chance of sub 1 ½ hours. I pushed hard at the end to make sure I didn’t let it slip, and as I entered the running track I knew I had it. To my relief I achieved something I knew I was capable of, plus 1 29.44 sounds better than 1 31.54.
The winner was Dave Norman in 1 09.39 and I came in 71st out of 419 runners.

No comments: