TMB Thoughts

Completing the big 3 (Bob Graham, Paddy Buckley and Charlie Ramsay rounds) was a big undertaking and I am proud to be in a relatively small group (probably about 40) of runners that have achieved them in less than 24 hours. Ever since my horrible failure during the Tour of Mont Blanc last year I have been thinking about where I went wrong and what I could have done differently, it had even been a chink in my mental preparations in the lead up to the Ramsay Round, and to a lesser extent the Highland Fling. Now that I have done the Ramsay round and the Highland Fling it has renewed most of my confidence in my ability to endure, but the effect of the heat on me of last years TMB is still an unknown. I thought I handled heat well but last year made me seriously doubt this. Was it the heat or my mismanagement of the hot conditions? Maybe I will find out in just over 3 weeks time!

No comments: